Makerspace Cleanup Day - Saturday, 1/8/22, 11am - 2pm

Makerspace Cleanup Day - Sat 1/8, 11-2

We’re getting a little ahead of spring cleaning with an early deep cleaning of the halls and other public areas of the building. Feel free to come out and join the other members, leads, and directors.

This will count as a class towards getting your badge as well as a hazardous material class for using exotic woods in the Woodshop!

5 Likes

I repeat:

This will count as a class towards getting your badge as well as a hazardous material class for using exotic woods in the Woodshop!

1 Like

Makerspace Cleanup Day - Sat 1/8, 11-2

We’re getting a little ahead of spring cleaning with an early deep cleaning of the halls and other public areas of the building. Feel free to come out and join the other members, leads, and directors.

See you there!

Refreshments supplied:

2 Likes

I’m sick and waiting on Covid test results. If someone will post pictures here, I will post to social media.

Thanks for staying home if you suspect you have COVID. We’ll send pictures.

1 Like

Mmm that looks gooood.

I had planned to be there but still not over this nasty chest cold. Its tempting to put myself in a bubble full of lysol like some disinfectant spice navagator.

1 Like

Just throw some pinesol into a humidifier. Saves time.

1 Like

great tip - but don’t try it in a swamp cooler - blows bubbles across the whole house…

1 Like

All my test were negative so not sure what I have. Still have a massive headache and runny nose, but no nausea and been able to keep food down the last 24 hours.

Allergies? Sinus issues/ They can make you nauseous when your sinuses are draining and you were just in Texas where there are still allergins. I just returned from Houston and my allergies went crazy.

1 Like

We’ve been having sinus and stomach issues. Covid negative tests. It’s a gunk that’s going around. Get you some throat coat tea and breathe deep tea (yogi brand at dillons) that seems to help.

1 Like

Oh and humidifiers… somehow they help

1 Like

Cedar was at 25,000, I stayed on benadryl while I was there stopped taking on the way home. I’m starting to feel human again.

Thanks to all our members that showed up to MakeICT Cleanup day. The building looks better and for the time being we’ve run off the dust bunnies.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Thanks everyone. The space is looking great!!

P.S. I’ve learned that it takes a solid four hours to fully HEPA vacuum the ceramics studio floor and then mop it. This is knowledge I didn’t want to have, but I’m happy with the the results. Knowledge is power…it is also painful! LOL

6 Likes

I took rags to wash will return tomorrow.

1 Like

Thanks everyone. Sorry I couldn’t come. I will make it for the next one. We are probably going to try for a quarterly if that seems good to everyone… then we don’t get so swamped.

2 Likes