Maker's Market Dec 1-2

The next Maker’s Market will be December 1 6-9 PM and December 2nd 11AM -3 PM.

Our first planning meeting for this event will be Friday September 15th in Classroom 2. Anyone wanting to join and take on some of the task to create this event are welcome.

This market will likely be indoors only and feature 20 vendors. Our markets usually attract about 200 guest. We’re expecting about 400 additional people to pass through the makerspace for this event.

7 Likes

What time on the 15th?

3 Likes

Oops! My bad 6-7 PM. I’ve also placed it on the public calendar.

4 Likes

Hope to see lots of help tonight for this event. We will be diving the task list and setting dates for future meetings

Next meeting Thursday, October 5th 6-7PM

2 Likes

I thought I was ready to run this but unfortunately I have over committed myself. I have decided not to lead this effort. If someone else is willing to do it please let me know. I have already notified the Board

1 Like

Can you keep the October 5th meeting on the calendar? If we have enough people show up to that meeting, we can try to make it work. Otherwise, we can cancel it.

1 Like

Yes, I haven’t put it on there yet that I recall but I can.

1 Like

Tagging @Thad @Emme @ScottS @r3mm13 and anyone else who might be interested in helping to plan and/or be a vendor at the market. New members welcome!

6 Likes

10-5-23 6pm on my calendar

1 Like

I would like a booth and I think I could help too, but I do have classes during Mondays and Wednesdays for a few weeks more so if a meeting is on those evenings I won’t be able to make it.

1 Like

This meeting is on a Thursday and I am no longer running the event.

Thank you for all your hard work! :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed::people_hugging::two_hearts:

I am interested in attending the Oct 5 meeting for the Dec 1-2 event.

4 Likes

We’re happy to have you Anita! We’re meeting in classroom 3 at 6pm.

2 Likes

Reminder about this meeting today. I’m sick and won’t be there. Just a suggestion: Let’s turn this two day market into a single day and just have it on the Saturday. No need to make it more complicated than it needs to be.

3 Likes

A handful of people met and we’re trying to navigate our way through the dark on this one.

We have another meeting set for next Thursday at 6-7p. We’ll meet weekly this month to try to shape this in to something!

5 Likes

Reminder of the meeting tomorrow. I’m curious if we can get traction. We need a leader to spearhead and I can’t take those reigns for this next market.

Does anyone know where the past documents are held in the shared cloud? Can anyone take notes if anyone shows tomorrow?

1 Like

I should be able to get you folks access to the notes. It may take me a couple of days to get you the accesses to the folders. Send me a list of the folks that are on your team. We may need to get you a makeict email address (I will have to consult with IT about that.) Events@makeict.org would be a way to get me for this purpose.

Hey guys, I’m currently at the ER (for my husband) sooooo I’m not gonna make the meeting. Apparently Thursday at 6-7 is not ideal for a meeting time.

I would love to hear suggestions for a time to meet.