MakeICT Twitter Temu spam

Looks like the Twitter is either compromised or someone managing it is?

https://twitter.com/MakeICT/status/1662998179892154373?t=ANsSEPgjRDF0h2Vgjv_95A&s=19

4 Likes

Thanks for the heads up, we haven’t been using Twitter really since the drama it’s had. I changed the password and deleted the posts.

5 Likes

I just looked the Twitter page. This is a retweet, but, isn’t MakeIct supposed to be apolitical?

Also, we don’t have a picture on our twitter page? Its just black

1 Like
  1. I don’t know who would have retweeted, but I will remind everyone with access to the page to stay logged out as MakeICT because it’s usually accidental. I couldn’t find a way to delete a retweet so I chose the option of blocking the person whose tweet was retweeted - I think that removed it.
  2. Our Twitter used to have our logo, so I suspect this was part of the issue with the Temu spam. It was so late last night when I dealt with the password issue I was too tired to notice anything else let alone deal with it. Beyond changing the password to the account (which we store in Passbolt under the direction of IT) I don’t know anything else to do to safeguard it @IT ?
  3. extra plug for anyone with any social media/graphics design/etc interest to help out Communications! We manage the newsletters, weekly class email, Wiki, social media, etc.
3 Likes

Fixed the photo & logo on the Twitter page.

4 Likes

Click the green retweet icon and select “Undo Retweet”

4 Likes

So we can ignore the emails, correct?

2 Likes

They were all me, yes

2 Likes

I believe you can report any tweets or retweets…occasionally they will get deleted by twitter and the account will get suspended. Ill go poke around.

2 Likes