MakeICT Podcasts

Thats actually a really good idea.

Alright, quick update on progress:

1. Going to use Audacity right now for the recording/editing software because it is cost effective (read: Free)
  2. Going to choose a pod hosting service for the time being to speed up the process of getting a podcast feed going. Either going to use Podbean or Buzzsprout due to cost effectiveness (read: Free to low cost)
  3. Soliciting names and/or artwork for the feed. Current working title is “MakeICT Presents:” but very much open to suggestions.
  4. I will be testing the Room 4 equipment interface with my own laptop and Audacity program tomorrow (7/16/22) maybe around 10-11a. Anyone wanting to drop by and make noises into electronics while I curse at a screen come on by!

Now the big news:

There is more then enough interest in “Tales of Classroom 5” that I think makes it no longer a proposal and moves it into pre-production stage. Anyone interested in volunteering for this Pod in any capacity (Writing, Storyboard, Editing, Foley Effects, Voice Talent, ect.) can make it known here or by DMing myself and Kim (URUKim) so we can start gathering a list of parties.

Last but not least, the details of the actual play podcast. In essence just need 5 individuals that are comfortable playing TTRPGs and playing “In Character”. Ability to modulate or change voice appreciated but not necessary. Playtimes would be at minimum once monthly on a weekend for a LONG (think 6-12hr) session to get enough recorded material to edit into a handful of 1 to 1 1/2 hr long podcasts. Requires all players to play at least one “Session 0” to get characters made and work on fine details. Session 0 can be done as a group or in pairs or solo. The game system is as of yet to be determined. Contact me if you are interested. In the event of a large response there may be “try outs” or recurring guest characters if a member can’t commit to a monthly game.

1 Like

MakeICT Maker Noise

2 Likes

Other title ideas:
MakeICT: Loose Nut Anthologies
MakeICT: Unfettered

2 Likes

MakeICTransmits

2 Likes

Tested the sound board to laptop setup. After some trial and error got an initial sound test recorded. Recorded with AC running full blast and input from 3 mics being fed in to test noise cancelation. I’m fairly confident we could record in classroom 4 as-is and still get a good quality recording, especially if a podcast would have ambient effects underneath the vocal recording.

Next testing step is I’d like to get multiple people in and test effective range of mics and how well noise cancelation will work in that scenario.

2 Likes

The sound of Making (The hills are alive with the sound of making)
MakeICT TV (I mean podcast)
MakeICT resonates
MakeICT reverberations

1 Like

Make Things, Sew Things, Grow Things, Know Things

Also,
Make Stuff, Sew Stuff, Grow Stuff, Know Stuff