Makeict playlist

In a move that is in no way me mining folks for new music… ( :billed_cap: )

What are some thoughts on a makeICT playlist? My music taste have always been eclectic and a bit strange but my Apple Music algorithm has me in a bit of a loop.

What are y’all listening too while y’all make?

2 Likes

I generally listen to 70s music, but I’m an antique.

3 Likes

I like antique music too.

3 Likes

As i have mentioned/warned in all my lab authorization classes for jewelry if you ever hear irish folk/punk coming from the lab I’m there. It’s a broad genre with some being comical to love balads to unlove balads to sea schanties.
Highly suggest Flogging Molly, The Dubliners (The Sick Note in particular), Carbon Leaf, Shamus Kennedy, The Dreadnoughts, The Longest Johns, Great Big Sea, Dropkick Murphys, and lastly but no ways least Darby O’Gill.

3 Likes

I have a tendency to play music in the electronics lab.

It could be anything from the doom soundtrack and black sabbath…

To any pink floyd…

To heilung and wardruna.

Speaker is bluetooth so enjoy.

2 Likes

I will definitely check these out!

And I like the use of antique here, it’s better than the “born in the late 1900’s” I’ve been getting lately. :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

I like to listen to audiobooks. My favorite while making art is “Art and Fear”.

1 Like

I listen to a very wide variety. At home I tend to listen to a bunch of Meditation Music with nature sounds. I also listen to frequency Music, supposedly the benefits of binaural beats include: Increased creativity and cognitive enhancement,.along with reduced anxiety and improved mood. I like world Music too. But my all time fave is Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin. link to frequency music 432Hz - Whole Body Regeneration - Full Body Healing | Emotional & Physical Healing - YouTube

Oh frequency music!

40hz for concentration!

1 Like

No Pogues???. Fine Irish music

2 Likes

And the band played Waltzing Matilda. Gimmee some Chieftains