MakeICT Challenge Coins

If anyone has or can get a good shot of the exterior of the new building during the day with good lighting, can you post it up here?

1 Like

This is the best I have out of 420 photos at the new space

There are some architectural drawings if you’d like some line art to work from.

I dragged my CNC out and did some test cuts on a wood block. Looked great, so I think the softer graphite will mill nicely once we have some gcode for it.

1 Like

Didn’t know what to write on it. James quote has the most likes.

5 Likes

Actually Frank’s quote has the most lol!

2 Likes

Nice looks great!!!

3 Likes

Mine was a joke dont put that smut on there lol

BTW
Another awesome rendering love it!

3 Likes

If we make these out of metal of some kind shoot me a price for 1

1 Like

Thanks everyone. @David I’ve never done this. I assumed, but I’m not sure that you:

Want each side as separate files?

Will be able to scale the .Stl files to your dimensions?

1 Like

Yes on the separate files, please, and yes, I can scale it. It’s all pretty new to me, too, and I’ll likely make a first attempt at milling on a piece of wood or mdf or something. Once I can see it came out, I’ll move on to the graphite. They look awesome!

2 Likes

Updated the tails side.

Heres the dropbox link for stl files

6 Likes

Downloaded, thanks! I’ll work on this over the next few days, but I’m not sure how long it will take in total…I’ve got physical therapy twice a week for the foreseeable future, and that always makes home stuff go slower. But we’ll get there.

1 Like

Right on! Let me know if you want a higher relief. I have no idea how much you need for a good mold. And if you strike the coin it seems like you’ll need it in reverse.

2 Likes

I’m sure I’ll mess a few up before I get it dialed in, but I’ll let you know on the relief.

1 Like