Luigi wiring harness

Hi, I was using Luigi this morning and the first time I turned the machine on, as it was going through its boot up or whatever, a wiring loop got caught on the yellow thing. Anyways the head tried to move, and a clutch slipped or something, and then the head didn’t know where it was and it didn’t respond to commands on the touch pad.

I turned it off and back on. I made sure the wire loop wasn’t snagged, and it worked fine after that. All this is to say, I recommend maybe adding another ziptie or two to the harness, to make sure it can’t get snagged like that.

Shoulda taken a picture but I wasn’t thinking about it at the time. Let me know if you have questions or need more info…thanks.

Matt F

3 Likes

Bonus points for reporting it, rather than just saying nothing. I must admit, however, that I never expected to hold you out as a good example to others. An example, yes. Object lesson, sure. But good example? The mind boggles.

1 Like

Yeah, thanks for saying something. I checked it out earlier and added another zip tie and rotated the head 45 degrees to get the wires away from the endstop sensor. It could probably use some wire guides, but it should be good for now.

1 Like