Lounge electricity

Some of the electrical functions in the Lounge aren’t working correctly.

  1. Ceiling fans don’t turn on. Very important in summer.
  2. Middle light switch feels “floaty” and doesn’t flick off effectively. When the light is on, it needs to be flicked twice to turn it off.
  3. Wall outlets may not be working at full capacity. A laptop plugged in shut itself down due to lack of power. TV and arcade machine can still be activated; more testing on those machines is needed to see if there really is a power deficit.

@Facilities

Update: All ceiling fans in the building are out of order except in the Library.

I will stop by the building this afternoon to assess.
Yesterday we turned off the power to ceiling fans between 5 and 7 to make a repair but we turned the power back on to them after.

I have resolved the issue with the ceiling fans and they are now functioning.

Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

I checked the middle light switch while I was there. The switch has lost its snap, I agree, you will need to push it all the way down for the time being to shut off the light. Saturday @Facilities is meeting to do some work. We will try to add the switch to our job.