Lounge cleanup

We made a good start on cleaning the lounge today! Eventually it’ll be a space for people to hang out and have fun, but we’re not quite there yet.

Big thanks to @ladeana @r3mm13 @ElectricGeckos and @bradcozine for spending most of the day moving, sorting, and cleaning. A lot of sugar was consumed and way too many puns were thrown around.

19 Likes

12 Likes

13 Likes

Well done one and all. You deserve ice cream.

8 Likes

Transformative! Thanks @gemma for putting this together!

6 Likes

Thanks everyone involved for doing this!

6 Likes

My favorite part!

4 Likes

I take that back, absolutely excellent job all around!!!

3 Likes

Did you consult the Lounge lead before you did this?

1 Like

Unfortunately the lounge lead resigned :frowning:
Good news is we think someone is stepping up to take their place!

1 Like

That’s weird, since I’m the lounge lead and this is news to me. But I get the hint, so please remove me from lead responsibilities for the lounge, break room, and welcome area.

The lounge lead resigned from being lead to membership, but not from being lead to the lounge. I clarified this with Rustin when he was president.

2 Likes

It looks good set up!

Myself and several board members came out along with a concerned party and had a discussion on ways to move forward. I performed a 220lb impact/vibration test on the castle facade as it stands currently and find it stable as it sits. We’ll be working with facilities to further secure it while it’s in its traditional holding area.

5 Likes

The lounge floor has been mopped, but we need something to scrub the floor to get rid of all the marks on the tiles. @ladeana suggested we should get some Purple Power.

3 Likes

Pink stuff… although I think we might have some purple power in one of the rooms

···

On Sun, Oct 29, 2023 at 4:41 PM Matthew Cleary via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| ElectricGeckos MakeICT Member
October 29 |

• | - |

The lounge floor has been mopped, but we need something to scrub the floor to get rid of all the marks on the tiles. @ladeana suggested we should get some Purple Power.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

3 Likes

Not Simple Green?
This is just a joke, I am unaware of the relative capabilities or desirableness of competing cleaning products.

2 Likes

Beautiful Matthew!!! Well done.

2 Likes

Calling @rustin.atkeisson - apparently we have a floor buffer and a couple folks that know how to use it.

4 Likes

I just learned about that this evening. It will be great to use it.

1 Like