Looking for someone with a bit of carpentry experience

I have time tomorrow afternoon. Can I come help?

Sure thing. I’ll be working on it starting at 1pm. I have no idea whether Matt or Mark or anyone else is going to be able to make it today, and it might end up being just you and a guy with a walker, but your help would be welcome. My address is 3646 S. Brummett St., which is south of the airport and the Cessna (now it’s Textron, I guess) plant. From K-42 and Hoover, go south to 35th Street, then turn right (west) and go to Brummett. Turn south on Brummett, and my house is the fourth or fifth on the left. Can’t miss it, there’s a half-finished project and a pile of lumber in the front yard. In the meantime, I’m going to get a case of bottled water and stick it in the fridge to get cold.

Sorry I didn’t see this until this morning. If you ended up making other plans, no worries!

I was able to get the main platform framing and decking finished (at least usable) by working on it yesterday (Very Bad Idea™). What I really, really need is a hand putting the steps up against the side. Most of that is done, as well, but having an able-bodied person’s help for 30-45 minutes would allow me to actually use my front door again. Anyone have a bit of free time today? I’d be willing to pay for your time with lunch at Taco Shop, El Mexico Cafe, Nu-Way, or a number of other places for lunch, either today or at a later date.

Do you still need help? I can come over right now. I don’t need lunch or anything, but i would like to get going on it before it gets too hot outside. I sent you a message on fb and you also have my number.

Sure…if you could come by and hang these steps, my life would be a lot less stressful. Still have my address? You can give me a call at 316-308-6077 when you get here and I can meet you out front.

Thanks tons to John Withers and Marc Lujan, who came over to work in the heat and humidity to install the stringers and treads so I can use my front door again. You guys rock!

2 Likes