Looking for member-made items for upcoming sale

As you may know, we’re having a big fundraising sale at the new building in the first week of December. We’d very much like to feature some awesome member-made items in both our sale and in our advertising for it, so we’re asking any member that can to make us something that we can put in the sale. It doesn’t matter if it is big or small, and it doesn’t have to be expensive, but by featuring these items, we can promote both the sale and the awesome things our members can do at MakeICT! If you have something you’ve made that you’d like to donate, or if you are about to make something, just send me a note to make arrangements to get it.

Don’t forget, we take other donations for the sale, too, even if it isn’t maker-made.

3 Likes

As thing made can only be written off for cost of supplies. I suggest we continue with my suggestion. That people who use the space can sell their items and donate a portion to MakeICT. They get full retail for their item and can write their donation as a loss on their business. Please see my previous post. MakeICT Shop Small Saturday

1 Like

I have one wooden bowl that was started on a Maker Monday in October.

I would request that Maker items for the sale be located in one place and specifically Signed they are Maker Mambers work.

Malissa is right. It is more cost/tax effective to sell them in their store.

1 Like

And less taxing on our resources.

1 Like

I’m not particular about the how the process is set up, but adding to paperwork needs to not happen, especially right now. Here’s the thing, though. I have no intention of either selling or writing off what I intend to donate for the sale, and as a maker don’t want to deal with it. I’ll make something for the sale and leave it, but beyond that, I’ve got better things to do. I suspect that most of our maker-made items will be in that category, and few makers are even going to care on a one-off item for a sale. If they’re making a $500 statue, sure, but let anyone who wants to make something and donate it for the sale do just that.

3 Likes

I was just thinking about this, because last year we had that sale with Harvesters where we made a lot of holiday ornaments and lovely things, sold some of them, and the rest I put in a special box in the makerspace for next year.

That box is… in the makerspace! I will try to find it, I have ideas.

I’m like David, I’d rather donate my things that deal with selling/tracking/write-offs. I am quite aware that, at any time, I can sell any stuff and donate money to MakeICT.

There were a few neighbors confused by the sale… It took some explaining that we are not a flea market… So it would help explain our story to be able to point to a few examples of what we really do.

Could we get stickers that say ‘Proudly made by _____ at MakeICT’?

I’m not a fan of extra paper work, but we may need to consider that if we stumble on to other exciting pieces like the depression era pottery.

2 Likes

Not only is the sale a way to generate funding, but it is also an opportunity to show the space and tell about MakeICT. There are two big boxes of t-shirt bags (think thin plastic Walmart-type bags) that we’ll be using to put purchased items in. There should also be a MakeICT flyer or brochure in each of those bags.

2 Likes