Local Drum Sanding Service?

Hi all,

I’m working on a desk tabletop and would like to sand it down after I have all the boards glued together. Does anyone know of a large drum sander in Wichita that I could use? I thought there might be a local woodshop or cabinet shop that could do it for me.

Thanks,

Wesley

1 Like

Blacktail studios guy put together a list of places that people can use for stuff like that. I’ll see if I can find it.

Edit: nothing nearby on the list, I guess.

2 Likes

Greif’s Woodworking lists a 24" drum sander among his tools.

Offseason Woodwarks in Clearwater also has a drum sander.

2 Likes

If you are up for some hand orbital sanding, I could help you level the slab with the shop bot (although, I haven’t seen the surfacing bit for a while). The shop bot is basically a big router jig, so it levels, but it leaves slight lines.

1 Like

I’ll keep that all in mind! The shopbot would be a nice option, given its large size. I’ve still got to do the membership orientation, but I’ll let you know if I need help or have questions, Ben. Thanks for the info, everybody.

1 Like

There might be the skeleton of a drum sander / partial project abandoned in the boiler room. Don’t know if it works or not but I think I saw one there a while back.

2 Likes