Lights Out Back

Just in case this is falling on deaf ears or….folks really don’t understand or care how dark it is here at night…. Please have a look.
This is DANGEROUS!
Lights sure would give us a sense of security and help deter any unwanted activity
Until facilities or the powers that be decide what hoops need to be gone through to get light… can we PLEASE simply use an extension cord to turn the lights back on?

3 Likes

This should probably be directed to @Facilities

1 Like

Thanks LaDena. I was not certain where to put it since the topic was closed and marked “solution” yet nothing had been done. Also, I thought the membership would appreciate seeing how dangerous this could potentially be.

3 Likes

I can donate an extension cord to replace the one that was ran over.

2 Likes

There is an extension cord. I unplugged it to mow and simply forgot (after working outside for six hours weeding and mowing) to plug it back in! Can you please just plug it back in? Simple fix :wink:

3 Likes

It’s also dangerous to leave that back door propped open. That makes me feel unsafe. I’ve noticed most of the time that you’re the one doing it, Gaye. If you’re going to be concerned with safety, you should be concerned with everyone’s safety.

5 Likes

I completely agree.
A badge lock on the door to the garden would alleviate the need to prop the door open while in the garden.

6 Likes

Let’s dial this back a little bit folks.

1 Like

It’s not just the garden door that’s being propped open.

2 Likes

Yes I do use that back door, fingers crossed this will encourage @jameslancaster move that badge access idea further up the priority list.
Gemma, I will work on it :+1:t4::blush:

4 Likes

I agree with you, Scott. I’ve put in a request for that myself and IMO it needs to be prioritized. It would help make a lot of the space more accessible.

In the meantime, we need to put safety before convenience.

2 Likes

Harbor freight has some solar security lights option as do other companies that would not require any additional wiring, just a thought.

8 Likes