Learning to Quilt

When it’s too cold to get out and Covid has you isolated, learn to quilt and wish for MakeICT longarm machine to be ready to go. I started with a baby blanket for a friend’s preemie Granddaughter and it just kept growing.

7 Likes

Those are amazing!

Beautiful Work!!!

Beautiful. Cutting up fabric in to small pieces and sewing it back together to make bigger pieces is fun.

1 Like

Love to look at these
love covering up with a nice heavy warm quilt

1st Grandchild on the way! Made a pink and a blue one. Ready either way.

6 Likes

Nice.

1 Like

Love it!! Thanks for sharing!

Love it.

Hot off the Longarm

8 Likes

I love the color mix :heart:

4 Likes

I really like the colors too and the pattern is great. It looks a little random but in a good way. Very nice. Wish I could do that. LOL
Quilts always remind me of a Great Aunt. She made lots and lots of quilts by hand when I was a kid and we always had some for our winter beds. A lot of the quilt top material she used was old shirts and things that we had out grown. It was always fun to see bits of material in her quilts and remembering a shirt or a dress of mom’s that my Great Aunt had incorporated into her quilts.

4 Likes

I had a friend who asked me to pick up any mens ties i found at yardsales they made fine quilts too!

4 Likes

I’ve seen quilts made with ties before. They’re really beautiful and usually brightly colored.

3 Likes

My Granny was a seamstress, made custom outfits for Country Singers at Niver Western Wear. She taught me to sew. I never liked sewing, but I have a deep respect and love for the Needle and Fabric Arts because of her. It’s a lot of hard work and long laborious hours of love. Some of the quilts I see that come out of here are stunning and belong hung up behind glass. Every time I step into the sewing room I want to touch the pretty quilts…lol

4 Likes

o

Somebody I know had twins! Second quilt this week.
I’m a sucker for babies.

7 Likes

Love love love this!

3 Likes

When are you available to help me with the long arm?

5 Likes

Sunday about 9-noon or Monday after 10am or Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday anytime

That’s a great quilt!

2 Likes

Now you are one!
Please grant Ben Rogers all the rights and responsibilities of using the Longarm.

3 Likes