Learn Sewing Machine

So I had heard mention I could bring in my (really my wife’s) sewing machine and someone might help me know how to use it. Do I need to wait for a class, or set up and appoint or um what?

2 Likes

I usually teach a know your sewing machine class every few months. Look for it on the calendar in August.

5 Likes

Do you have a date yet, and do I need to bring anything? I have my own materials, I would like to make a patch and begin learning how to sew with a machine. Thank you :smiling_face:

1 Like

I ask you to bring tools that work with your machine. I have materials for a project that we work through in the class. If we finish early I will answer questions. Textile Time is the 3rd Wednesday of the month from 6-8 free and open to the public.

2 Likes

Are there possibly machines available for use there or do I need my own?

1 Like

We do have Brother cs6000i 4-5 that anyone can use. It has safety features and instruction book. There’s a DVD that has a similar model on it in one of the books. Here’s a YouTube video

3 Likes

Is there a date for that class yet?

1 Like

I apologize I got called in for a theater production and I’m working 6-8s. I’m hoping that will end this Sunday and I can get some classes on the schedule. What exactly did you need as far as sewing skills?

1 Like

I don’t have much experience in sewing, I’ve altered clothing and hand sewn a lot but I’ve never worked with a machine before. So a basic introduction would be great! I can teach myself some stuff from there. But I just need an intro. :smiling_face:

2 Likes

I need this too, and it never showed up on the calendar

2 Likes

It looks like today will be my last day working on costumes. Would this coming Friday 6-9 work for you both?

1 Like

I’m so sorry I didn’t reply sooner, I was camping and couldn’t get my calendar up, and then I simply forgot to come back here, Yes I can on friday if that’s still available to you.

2 Likes

Yes, I will put it on the calendar today.

1 Like

I have had a headache all day and haven’t gotten to it. Hopefully early in the morning. Will post here when it is up.

2 Likes

I have TMJ and the physical pain the last couple of days has been too overwhelming. I’m going to have to put this off for now. I apologize for not being able to teach at this time.

1 Like

ok so so sorry

2 Likes