Lathe Authorization

When is the next Lathe Authorization Class or can someone Authorize me? I’ve taken Woodshop Authorization and intro to wood turning and made a bowl from a 2x4 square. I enjoyed it. I want to make more, just need to get authorized.

2 Likes

@John.Nicholas

1 Like

I asked him mid January, he said he would put something up on the schedule at the end of the Month after his other commitment’s came through. I was looking for it, I guess I missed it. I’m blind and didn’t see it or it was so in my face obvious that I completely missed it.

1 Like

I dont really know what the authorization process for the wood lathe is now days. But i would have thought that an intro to wood turning class would also carry with it authorization. Am i wrong?

2 Likes

It isn’t there. The most recent class, which I attended, was on December 27.

1 Like

The Maker Monday events don’t authorize, and the registration for them specifies that. John had some authorization classes in December but hasn’t had any this month.

2 Likes

Fair enough

1 Like

Although you learn a lot in the maker classes, John teaches a class that really goes in depth on the lathe. He should have another class soon I would think

2 Likes

thanks for the input

1 Like

Hope he post one sooon.

2 Likes

@michelle @electricpizza - looks like there’s one for next Tuesday that just got posted: Event Updates for February 2023 - #28 by MakeICT

3 Likes

AWESOME!!! thanks for letting me know, Ill go look!!!

2 Likes