Laser cutter meeting/maintenance times

I’ve scheduled some times to teach people about laser cutter maintenance, answer questions, help with projects, etc. These are currently scheduled for every other Tuesday 6:30-8:30 starting tomorrow. So if you are interested feel free to join.

6 Likes

Hey, I’m not going to be able to make it tonight so I’ve pushed this week’s meeting to tomorrow night.

2 Likes

Thank you Christian for your help tonight.

Glad I could help.

@KER and I got some regular maintenance done and started working on replacing the broken latches on Mario’s front pass-through. We’re looking at scheduling a weekend time to remove the honeycomb beds an give them a good pressure wash.

We do need to check and potentially clean the vent fan soon as well. @ssaner would you be available on the 26th to help with that? I’ve never actually opened up the new fan.

As always anyone who is interested in learning more about the lasers or getting help with a project is welcome to join us during these times. They are currently on the calendar every other Tuesday 6:30-8:30.

3 Likes

Sorry about the late reply. I’d be happy to help with an inspection and cleaning of the laser cutter fan, but I won’t be able to be there this Tuesday (tomorrow). If you’d like to postpone that job, I’ll try be be at the next laser cutter meeting.

Yeah, next time would be fine. We have other stuff we can look at tonight.

Anyone who is interested in learning more about the laser cutters or getting help with a project, feel free to join us between 6:30 and 8:30 tonight.

We’ve got another laser meeting tonight for anyone who is interested. We’ll be testing some new mirror alignment tools along with some regular maintenance tasks. Steve can’t make it so we may put the fan cleaning off until next time.

1 Like

I’m out of town until January, so I removed the last December meeting from the calendar. If anyone who has been trained has the time to check things out this week the optics probably need cleaning and an alignment check.

1 Like

If anyone was planning on coming tonight I won’t be there. I’ll probably stop by tomorrow instead. Sorry for the last minute change.

Tuesday feb 8th, is that meeting still on? Just double checking before I ask off work. :black_heart:

The next laser meeting is Tuesday Feb 15th. The 8th is a 3D printing class.

2 Likes

Happy I checked!

Is that one still on as far as we know?

Yep, I’ll be there.