Laser class has open spots this week

This always happens to me… laser classes were filling up instantly so I threw 2 a month on the calendar, and now the surge is over but the classes are still there. So if you wanted to get into it, there are four spots open tuesday and a couple open on the 19th.

unrelated: the calendar web page used to link to this page MakeICT - Events which I think is a really cool view of just “okay what classes can I sign up for!” that’s helpful if you want to filter out all the committee meetings, etc… why’d we take that off? I had to really dig for it.

2 Likes

I think it got taken off because some people assumed it was the whole calendar. (People kept missing events.)

1 Like

Oh I wish I had heard about MakeICT before today. I’ve been trying to find someone in town who can laser cut 6 holes that the Nixie tubes in a clock I built would fit through for 2 days, with zero results. Of course, on the 19th, I leave town on a business trip. I thought this would be such a simple thing to get done… LOL

2 Likes

Glad you found us! MakeICT is a great resource for helping you push your projects over the finish line. Not only are there a wealth of tools that may not make sense to purchase individually, but the community is filled with members that who incredibly diverse experience. It’s an all volunteer run organization and a great place to share knowledge and contribute! How to Join - MakeICT

4 Likes

Also, there are lots of things to learn that you never thought you would want to learn or have a chance to learn. :smiley:

4 Likes

Two spots open in tonight’s class and Mar 20 is open.

2 Likes

I still have pics of you in mentor mode to get to you from last time.

Thanks for all the time you give, and so cheerfully. You could do one in crabby mode and I would still attend. You are quite competent and helpful. Good luck.

[I left sone examples of cardstock/carboard in fablab. Let me know if they were what you were looking for or if I need to come dispose of those… ]

1 Like