LARGE Resin Print: Samurai with Portal Base

Those is amazing. When the supports are removed do they leave any remnants behind on the prints?

Not sure yet. It’s a pre-supported model and the printer LITERALLY just beeped saying it is done… I’ll have to get back to ya!

I’m going to need a better camera if I’m printing things this sharp.

6 Likes

Awesome job. You will have to bring it in and display it sometime.

@sdowens Thanks. I’ll probably be able to make about 5 superhero statues in time for Comic-Con. As I make them, I can put them in the welcome center lighted display case. This way they’re safe and will be available for the event. I don’t think I’ll have time to make a huuuuuge one because that would take several plates and at about 2 days each. THOUGH I do have a second Mega I can always set up.

2 Likes

I don’t know what support settings this guy used, but they literally just fell off. NOT A MARK on the important surfaces of the prints.

2 Likes

I have been playing with mine and the results are pretty nice on my miniatures! I switched to a smaller contact point.
Also when I post process I do it in a heated ultrasonic bath then I let it soak for about 30 minutes. This might not be practical for large prints unless you have a larger US cleaner but a soak in hot water for 30 min helps soften up the support trees :deciduous_tree: then I dry it off with paper towel and uv it after I clear supports and it is back to hard

3 Likes

9 Likes

looks good, what was the cost of the resin? how much did it use?

I used ANYCUBIC 3D Basic Printer Resin for this… currently on sale for $24.99. Printed nicely with the enclosure at 85°F. I believe it used a third of a bottle with the model hollowed out and supported. I was able to fit all parts on a single plate. Still, it took 28h to print.

4 Likes

That is so cool

1 Like

I’m not painting this one, but here’s what the model looks like painted.

This is someone else’s paint job.

5 Likes