Large Lot of Paper Art supplies/tools FREE

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

3 Likes

@ladeana and others have talked about having this type of area. This could be a good start.

1 Like

I too think we could use these materials in our classroom areas!

3 Likes

Yes. If she wants to donate, I would be glad to make a pickup.
You can get me at ladeana@makeict.org to arrange it if this is still available. I’ve been wanting to start a paper arts area. (Stamps, scrapbooking, origami, etc.

5 Likes

I can help!

4 Likes

I’m so excited for this! Ladeana, Debbie is going to email you with her info. I hate to see her close, but I’m glad that MakeICT is getting her supplies!
Mary

2 Likes

This makes me happy

2 Likes

Have we established any rules about how these materials can be used? What sort of reimbursement should be made for materials used? I have a friend (or two) who may be interested in teaching some classes and/or hosting a monthly ‘crop’ night.

3 Likes

I have not heard anything about the use of the materials. It almost seems like this should be under a separate committee lead, but the materials do currently reside in a classroom…

So would this be something that we need to coordinate with the classroom committee to establish?

I’d hate to see yet another committee formed, but I also hate to see more work for an existing committee. So, I’m split on it. Am I naive / crazy / entirely-too-wishful-in-my-thinking to suggest that maybe just establishing five or six bullet points on use and publishing those in the room would allow it to self-police as we don’t have any actual cost invested in the materials?

2 Likes

I kinda agree with big daddy P.

Is it something the classroom committee can just knock out? If you moved it the the ERP lab I’d just make a shelf for it and mention it on the tour.

How much management does it need?

1 Like

Our intention is to request a donation to replace the materials. If someone wanted to do a class, we would want the same. That gives us a wide variety of materials for a class at a low cost.

1 Like

So doing a class with the materials is very encouraged.

2 Likes

So I am thinking to run it like the PLA in the FabLab. I suppose I need to add a sign and a donation box. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@ladeana I brought this up at the Board Meeting this evening and everyone is cool with moving forward with using these materials in classes and establishing a suggested donation amount for the paper. I have a friend who wants to start offering a monthly “Crop” class and I’m going to work with her to get that written up and on the schedule. Our proposal is to recommend 25¢ per sheet for paper being used. If that sounds good to you, we can work together on making some signage and getting an obvious place to keep some donation envelopes at the ready to be used.

1 Like

Sounds good to me… sorry I slipped and missed the meeting…sigh