Large knitting project

Large Knitting project

What is it, and what does it do? I dunno yet

why are you making it (optional) knitting is relaxing. I work with code and circuits all day sometimes it’s nice to do something completely different. The repetition doesn’t require my full focus and let’s my mind wander

4 Likes

Join Relief Crafters of America on Facebook. They make things like that as animal blankets.

2 Likes

Knitting has been saving my sanity during this virus adventure. I love making socks the most. We need to arrange a knitting meet up after we get the all clear. I can teach people who want to learn how or want to learn other knitting techniques.

Love the project you’re working on. Keep at it. You will be surprised at how the various skills all around the building cross pollinate!

2 Likes

I’ve started my second skein I’ve got eight more of this color.

3 Likes

Cool! When this pandemic adventure is over, we should have a knitting session! The new building has a lot of places that will be great to hang out and knit. I will see if we can get more people involved too. Keep knitting! It is actually very therapeutic in these stressful times. I am knitting a sock and 2 sweaters right now. I will shoot you a picture later. Lol.

3 Likes

Knitting has a fascinating history https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/knitting-spies-wwi-wwii

1 Like

I had to repair the 3d printer, now that it’s working again I ran out of black. I told myself I’d print a bowl when I start into the gold I have and here it is! I am not sure the pictures do it justice

5 Likes

When this adventure is over, I am going to acid dye some yarn. I can show you how if you want. It is super easy.

1 Like

I haven’t been super focused on this but I made a lot of headway while I was in the Hospital the other day, and now I’ve finished my second skein.

1 Like

Who did you set on fire this time?

A blood pressure machine. Turns out you can’t take my blood pressure in the forearm.

1 Like