Jewelry class***great news and topics

We are hosting classes with two of Wichita’s greatest Jewelers to do a silver solder class next month. We will get started casting wax rings soon and would like to make coin rings in the future. Dean Day is showing people how do use the propane mini torch and make glass beads, and I am showing people how do use the rock saws and cabbing machine.

What sorts of things would you guys and gals be interested in making at the maker space jewelry lab? We are open to ideas.

4 Likes

I hope to cut and polish some star garnets - perhaps set in a ring

2 Likes

Great, I just got engaged and had a beautiful color changing garnet made into a ring with 30 .1 diamonds
would love to see your star garnets.

1 Like

I have a few cabbots id like to set. I would like to relearn making bezels and silver soldering. Id really like to see a reg. time set up for workshops having someone willing to mentor those with lesser but growing skills.

1 Like

Defiantly want to start learning wax casting, and the silver solder class.

We will be having soldering and casting classes starting up in Feb. Be on the look out for classes posted on calendar. If you would like to be authorized for cabbing machine and rock saws, I will be there each monday night starting at 6;30 in january

2 Likes

We are going to be hosting classes with one or two of wichitas best jewelers. Be on the lookout for the classes in the incoming month. Do I have anyone interested in classes with one of Wichita’s best jewelers?

2 Likes

Meeee!

1 Like

I am interested!

1 Like

at some point - looking forward to learning!

1 Like

Who else at MakeICT wants to learn Silversmithing. I am trying to fill a class of 10 people for this unique opportunity to work with skilled jewelers from a couple of Wichita’s finest Jewelry Stores.

6 Likes

I am interested in jewelry classes also.

2 Likes

I have some experience, but new stuff would be fun!

I see you about seven people that are interested in this class are there any others I’m looking for a class of 10 to get the jeweler a nice sized class for his operation

1 Like

I’d be able to attend a class mid-Feb

1 Like

Do you have any idea how many sessions and what his fees might be?

I have a meeting with one of the jewelers at the makerspace next monday to go over that. More info soon

1 Like

I would also potentially be interested, depending on the specifics.

1 Like