Is this of use?

I have a source throwing away pallets of these. Are they of any use to anyone? They are brand new plastic containers no lid

3 Likes

They look like the same size lids as mason jars. If they are, I would take a couple dozen.

2 Likes

I will leave one at the front desk for anyone to look at. It seems bigger than a mason jar lid though. Pictures are hard to tell

2 Likes

Awesome, thank you

1 Like

If it does fit a Mason jar lid and ring, it looks like it would be the large size rather than the regular size lid. As you said, it’s hard to tell from a pic. The large size mouth is pretty much the only size jar I use for canning because it’s easier to get bulky things in and out of them.

1 Like

I dont know the grade of these plastics. I believe they were used to store dog treats being sold was the use for them. They ordered to many and are tossing the rest

1 Like

I left a sample of that cup on the welcome desk

3 Likes

Update. i also have these smaller ones kind of mason jar size with lids. Maybe powder coat can use them? Not sure. Any how limited availability

3 Likes

That was exactly what I was going to mention. @Gretchen would these help out with what you were wanting to do for powder coating? They probably wouldn’t fit the gun directly, but the temporary storage issues?

2 Likes

If they were used for dog treats, they’re probably sturdy plastic. They’re not very big, but for temporary “samples” for small amounts of powder coat options they could work well…assuming screw-on lids, of course.

Actually since moisture is a powder coat killer, we should probably get all of the powder coat into sealable containers ASAP (maybe dry it out in the oven first, though I haven’t tried that). I didn’t realize what a big deal this was until reading more in-depth on the subject, but moisture prevents powder coat from adhering properly and/or causing it to clump up and create an uneven surface.

3 Likes

I also didnt know if a new cap adapter could be 3d printed to attach them to the gun? The larger ones are the size of what you buy bulk spices. The smaller ones are slightly bigger than mason jars. I have lids for the small onrs but not the large ones.

3 Likes

If you’ve still got some, I will take a couple dozen off your hands too. Thanks.

1 Like

Which ones do you want
The large ones with no lids or small with lids

1 Like

FYI: the ones without lids are not the same size as Mason jars.

3 Likes

The larger ones, but I could probably use a couple of the small ones as well, if you still have them, thanks.

1 Like