Is the vacuum chamber equipment still there?

I was wondering if the vacuum chamber equipment I donated a while back (turbomolecular pump, plate, “bell jar”, etc) was still there. I have a replacement vacuum gauge controller I meant to provide at the time I delivered everything else but forgot (I did bring an old broken one). If the equipment is still there but needs to be set up I would be willing to help with that and potentially provide any additional bits and pieces that were needed.

2 Likes

Oh, and uhhh, I’m definitely not the ERP area lead. Must have forgot to turn in my badge.

1 Like

@MAtherton/@deanday, is this the one in the Jewelry Area? I don’t think it is.

2 Likes

It doesn’t sound like it. The one in the lab doesn’t have a bell jar.

2 Likes

Just to be clear, the “bell jar” is stainless steel, not glass.

2 Likes

Yes, in the ERP. It’s hard to tell if everything is all still together. There had been one point where somebody appeared to be working on the controller and left it on a work bench, which caused it to be moved to a table farther away from the rest of the donation.

Not knowing what all was in the donation makes it hard to say if it’s all still there.

1 Like

Hey Mike. The donation consisted of a turbomolecular pump + pump controller, a rotary vane roughing pump (in pieces + rebuild kit), the chamber base plate which is the big heavy stainless square with some ducting hanging off one face, the stainless “bell jar”, and apparently the old vacuum gauge controller.

At any rate, I’m looking to to become a member again, so I suppose I can verify it then.

3 Likes

To my very very limited understanding of all this, it was all there.
Last fall, I had moved it to the middle set of closets, floor, leftest most side. It should all be there under a set of black wire shelves. And by everything, I mean everything @james.a.Seymour and I identified as being together. :woman_shrugging:t3:

···

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 1, 2024, at 11:40 AM, Mark Satoria via MakeICT Forum noreply@talk.makeict.org wrote:

| Mark.S
February 1 |

• | - |

Hey Mike. The donation consisted of a turbomolecular pump + pump controller, a rotary vane roughing pump (in pieces + rebuild kit), the chamber base plate which is the big heavy stainless square with some ducting hanging off one face, the stainless “bell jar”, and apparently the old vacuum gauge controller.

At any rate, I’m looking to to become a member again, so I suppose I can verify it then.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

| mikeb Interim junior assistant to the alternate dogcatcher
February 1 |

• | - |

Yes, in the ERP. It’s hard to tell if everything is all still together. There had been one point where somebody appeared to be working on the controller and left it on a work bench, which caused it to be moved to a table farther away from the rest of the donation. Not knowing what all was in the d…

Previous Replies

| mikeb Interim junior assistant to the alternate dogcatcher
February 1 |

• | - |

Yes, in the ERP. It’s hard to tell if everything is all still together. There had been one point where somebody appeared to be working on the controller and left it on a work bench, which caused it to be moved to a table farther away from the rest of the donation.

Not knowing what all was in the donation makes it hard to say if it’s all still there.

| Mark.S
February 1 |

• | - |

Just to be clear, the “bell jar” is stainless steel, not glass.

| MAtherton Emperor
January 31 |

• | - |

It doesn’t sound like it. The one in the lab doesn’t have a bell jar.

| bradcozine MakeICT Member
January 31 |

• | - |

@MAtherton/@deanday, is this the one in the Jewelry Area? I don’t think it is.

| Mark.S
January 31 |

• | - |

Oh, and uhhh, I’m definitely not the ERP area lead. Must have forgot to turn in my badge.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

3 Likes

Sounds good. Thanks Kez.

1 Like

It appears that some or all of the equipment has been moved again. Some is on the floor in the Left part of the closet, and some is on the floor in the Middle part of the closet and I didn’t see the set of black wire shelves.

I didn’t dig around much, as there are several bags, boxes etc. I did see the chamber base plate, but didn’t see anything that was obviously the “bell jar” sticking out conspicuously.

Some photos attached:

2 Likes