Is it functional or is it art?

Guesses as to what I’m making are now being accepted. :grin:

I’ve been hanging out entirely way too much in the electronics lab, so I had to get my woodshop fix tonight. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

What do you think it will be?

Also, shout out to whoever fixed the belt sander!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: it worked fantastically well and made my project so much better!! Thank you!

2 Likes

Soldering stations or stands or whatever their called. I only sit in electronics to supervise my child. One day it’ll click.

2 Likes

10 things that look like they would come in handy for something for someone.

I could be and most likely am wrong.

2 Likes

Good job @Malissa The words you’re looking for are third hand. Or, they will be If I can get the clips to stay on. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

Only because you put the clips in the image otherwise I wouldn’t have known and because I knew you hadn’t found the other ones.

1 Like

Yea, I almost left the clips out cuz they’re a dead giveaway :woman_facepalming:t3:

Apparently the other ones were filed away in a trashcan, so :woman_shrugging:t3: cheap pine it is!

I will say, I have now learned why they old ones weren’t pine… :woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3:

2 Likes

They get crimped on? Why not solder or welded?

1 Like

See, I was correct. Too.

2 Likes

Um, cuz I didn’t think of soldering them. :woman_facepalming:t3: but also, I’m not sure it would work, or it would take for stinking ever to do cuz of how thick the wire it (gotta heat it up). But good idea! It’s a better idea than glue. I’ll try it tomorrow. Thank you. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very correct!

1 Like

There used to be some Weller 100/140 watt soldering guns in the electronics lab. They would produce enough heat to solder those clips on. A propane torch or the microtorch in the jewelry area would also work.

2 Likes

is it just me or should there be tracking tags or devices affixed to lesser used tools or even as many as fundable ,with a mobile app, to assist in inventory and just plan find our “sh*t”?

We live in our futures, there is an abundance of some kind of technology being stockpiled at MakeICT, therefore it is possible.

I could be wrong.

We end up old schooling it. We used the included screws and it worked. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Analog is not allowed. I have been notified this is a tech organization .

Glad you were able to complete the task.