Invite to a Free SolidWorks Event!

Hi Everyone,

I’m new to your community so a quick introduction is probably smart. My name is Eric Spurgeon and I organize and run the SolidWorks user group for Wichita. This is a volunteer thing, I am not an employee with SolidWorks. This event is sponsored by SolidWorks to provide free technical presentations and create a community for users. Anyone that uses or has an interest in SolidWorks, either as a professional or as a maker/hobbyist is welcome to attend.

Typically we have 40-60 users come from Wichita and the surrounding area. Our next meeting is next Thursday, March 5th, at 6:00 in the John Bardo Center (Formerly the Experiential Engineering Building). We will be serving a meal (chili and cinnamon rolls), and have (4) presentations over (2) timeslots. So you can pick what is valuable to you. Below is a link to see more and register. I hope some of you can make it.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me with questions!

Very Best,

Eric Spurgeon

4 Likes

It sure would be nice if we could get some free hobbyist versions of solidworks installed on the makeict laptops.

1 Like

@tarhun3d I’m assuming you guys are shut down due to the whole COVID thing right now? Any discussion on when things might pick back up? Or if you’ll be doing virtual meetings?

We have an hour before board meetings where we get together and chat. That was yesterday. We’re aiming for mid-November, but at the mercy of our contractors.

Actually your timing is perfect! The next virtual meeting is this coming Wednesday, October 21st. We are tying into the larger Midwest region so there’s some really good presentations. You can register to get the link below.

Cheers,

Eric

2 Likes

Great, thanks for the info!!!