Introduction - Piper Thomas

Introduction:
Hello everyone! My name is Piper Thomas, and I found MakeICT when I decided that I wanted to build shelving for the vegetables/herbs growing in my apartment. I have been interested in finding a community of like-minded people for awhile now, and I believe that MakeICT is the place for me to explore my interests and grow as a person.

Background:
I have a degree in mechanical engineering from a small university in my hometown of Davenport, Iowa, and I moved here back in August to work as a Structural Design Engineer at Spirit. My interests are very diverse, and I have a bad habit of wanting to try everything, so expect to see me everywhere. 3D printing, CAD modeling, robotics, rocketry, astronomy, biology, drawing (charcoal/graphite), and paleontology are some of my favorite interests!.

3D Printing (Glow in the Dark PLA Mushroom):

Sincerely,
Piper Thomas

11 Likes

Welcome Piper! We have a 3D printer group that meets on the second Wednesday of the Month, and I hope you can join us for that. The next one is 3/13 at 6:30pm. We also have a CAD group that meets every Thursday evening around 5pm-ish.

3 Likes

Welcome, Piper!
Nice mushroom and photo of mushroom.
I have had a lifelong fascination with glow in the dark stuff
And magnets
And… :laughing:

3 Likes

Thats a great photo. Very interesting.
I hope to see you in the fablab or other areas

1 Like

Welcome Piper!

1 Like