Intro

My long introduction :joy:

Originally from Prince Edward Island Canada on the east coast.

Been visiting kansas for over twenty years but just moved here. Traded Anne of Green gables for Dorothy and the wizard of Oz :joy::joy:

My past work or hobbies include:

Motorcycles & mechanics,

heavy machinery,

welding (built my own semi truck RV hauler and made numerous trips across country,

cnc (built a homemade 5x10ft cnc),

lasers, have a small hobby one now.

commercial sign making, worked in shop with printers, laminating, vinyl and ran a boom truck,

carpentry(built a few homes from start to finish).

I have also been penmaking for almost 17 years and have made over 1400 pens that are now in numerous countries. Worked with over 100 species of wood, cast my own resins, acrylic and stabilized my own woods.

Joined up to get involved in the woodshop, lasers, 3d printers, and the metalworking areas.

9 Likes

Welcome to MakeICT.

2 Likes

Awesome!

2 Likes

Well then! Welcome to OZ! Impressive resumé!We have an awesome group of experienced members and a lot of passionate enthusiastic ‘experience in progress’ members. I think you are going to love it here!

2 Likes

Wow! When will you begin putting on classes down here?!? :laughing:
Welcome!

3 Likes

Hey Jason, I know we’d talked about the ShopBot Authorization Class, but I’m not sure if you got a chance to take it yet… there is one scheduled for Jan 28th at 4pm (ShopBot CNC Using Easel) with currently 3 spaces left. You’ll need the Woodshop Safety Class first which, conveniently, is a few days prior on Jan 25th at 6pm (Woodshop Authorization)… there’s currently only one space left though!

3 Likes

Thanks! I will check it out

2 Likes