Inkscape

Would you have a class on Inkscape? I’ve never used it and would love to learn how to do it for my sublimation.

Thankyou

Lisa Fulbright

···

Sent from my T-Mobile 5G Device
Get Outlook for Android

4 Likes

We have a few inkscape masters, and at least one award winning gimp artist. I can’t think of anyone else that does sublimation.

I’ve seen inkscape classes before, but if you need a tutor that shouldn’t be hard to find either.

Keep us posted on your projects too by the way. That’s something I want to learn but don’t have the time to do the stuff I do know lol.

2 Likes

Where could I find a tutor?

···

From: noreply=talk.makeict.org@mg.makeict.org noreply=talk.makeict.org@mg.makeict.org on behalf of James Seymour via MakeICT Forum noreply@talk.makeict.org
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2024 8:14:18 AM
To: g.l.dieselpower@hotmail.com g.l.dieselpower@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Inkscape

james.a.seymour Director of Pansophy and ERP Area Lead
April 24

We have a few inkscape masters, and at least one award winning gimp artist. I can’t think of anyone else that does sublimation.

I’ve seen inkscape classes before, but if you need a tutor that shouldn’t be hard to find either.

Keep us posted on your projects too by the way. That’s something I want to learn but don’t have the time to do the stuff I do know lol.

Participants: Info (12)

1 Like

@LaDeana Dockery do you know a good or at least fun-ctional inkscape tutor, or is there a class in the works?

1 Like

Actually, lisa do you mind if I move this to the main forum, maybe someone will pop up.

1 Like

That would be great!

···

From: noreply=talk.makeict.org@mg.makeict.org noreply=talk.makeict.org@mg.makeict.org on behalf of James Seymour via MakeICT Forum noreply@talk.makeict.org
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2024 10:18:24 AM

james.a.seymour Director of Pansophy and ERP Area Lead
April 24

Actually, lisa do you mind if I move this to the main forum, maybe someone will pop up.

Participants: Info (12)

2 Likes

Hey MakeICT, Lisa here needs some instruction on Inkscape.

is there an Inkscaper that can do this?

1 Like

@kim occasionally does Inkscape classes. Kim - got any plans for one soon?

2 Likes

I can also help people with the basics of Inkscape, GIMP, and Blender

Recently I’ve been training myself on KdenLive and Cakewalk

How can I get ahold of you?

···

From: noreply=talk.makeict.org@mg.makeict.org noreply=talk.makeict.org@mg.makeict.org on behalf of Diana Bell via MakeICT Forum noreply@talk.makeict.org
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2024 12:07:44 PM

Moon_Goddess MakeICT Member
April 24

I can also help people with the basics of Inkscape, GIMP, and Blender

Recently I’ve been training myself on KdenLive and Cakewalk

1 Like

Hey Gemma thanks for the reminder I was planning to do one in May! Just threw it on the calendar for Sunday the 12th:

http://makeict.wildapricot.org/event-5710671

3 Likes

I tried to send you a private message but it says your account is no longer active.

They don’t have a forum account - it looks like this was sent through email.

1 Like

Oh, I didn’t want to post my email and phone number publicly.

Please email me @ g.l.dieselpower@hotmail.com

···

From: noreply=talk.makeict.org@mg.makeict.org noreply=talk.makeict.org@mg.makeict.org on behalf of Diana Bell via MakeICT Forum noreply@talk.makeict.org
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2024 8:16:14 AM

Moon_Goddess MakeICT Member
April 25

Oh, I didn’t want to post my email and phone number publicly.

1 Like

I did

Hey makers! Inkscape class tomorrow has a few spots left, it should be a good time.

Yeah i accidentally posted a class on Mother’s Day, oops. I forget about this stuff. But I’m a mother and you know what moms want? For their families to have graphic design skills!

Bring your mom along for free if you sign up how’s that?

5 Likes

Inkscape is really important for use with vector graphics. These are the image files that are scalable for size and can be used to make high quality prints, because the images they generate are defined mathematically. What this means is that they make a good website quality logo but also use the same image file to get your logo printed across a billboard without a loss of quality.

If you’ve ever been frustrated dealing with resizing graphics or have had to repeatedly pay designers to put your logo into multiple applications, this class might be of interest. Pratically, inkscape is a very helpful tool for use with the laser cutters, 3d printers, and other computer controlled tools at the space.

2 Likes