Impromptu metalshop maintenance week

A big thank you to everyone that helped out in the metalshop this week!

Gretchen for helping to deep clean and wet mop the entire hot shop!

Derrick Botbyl for cleaning up, sealing up, and clearing up the sand blaster!

Chris Wirgler for his help wiring up a big power button for the belt grinder and helping to add fans to the EZ Bake oven!

There’s a few more ‘new’ items on the project board for metalshop, but is a huge relief to have all the help this past week!

10 Likes

Did i miss a post about this happening? Or is it a certain week it normally happens?

2 Likes

This stuff very randomly happened over the past few days…

Every once in a while I’ll have a metalshop cleanup day, but I really did not expect anyone’s help this week. Kinda felt like an early birthday surprise. Lol

There is another big project I hope to get going this week as well, most likely on Tuesday or Wednesday. We have the vent fan for the metalshop, but Joe B. And I could definitely use some help in installing it.

5 Likes

I’ll be there Tuesday and Wednesday for a classes so i can help, Do you have a time yet?

3 Likes

Not really, but i was thinking of gathering up parts and making sure we’ve got everything planned out Tuesday after my safety class.

I’ve still gotta figure out a nice way to connect the exhaust fan to the existing duct work.

1 Like