I'm making progress

RemakeICT
I’ve been spending a fair amount of time at the new maker-space because I know it is not a tool rental. I have a connection with this project and the mission of the maker space. While I would love to be able to make my own stuff, I can still make. The maintenance and repairs are not going to do themselves and while I’m not a licensed tradesperson, I can still pitch in.

With the shut down during this pandemic I’ve still been able remain somewhat isolated and maintain social distancing. Many days I can have an entire classroom to myself doing tasks that might not be needed for “opening” but are within the realm of my skillset. Other folks have been coming out as well - doing concrete, demolition, tile work, painting, organizing, moving debris, moving tools and equipment assisting others - just being excellent. There is usually someone plugging away any day of the week.

So while we still can not “make” as a maker space we can certainly make a maker space. I encourage anyone that has not yet come out on a Tuesday to please think about pitching in to make it a better space. If Tuesday doesn’t work, I would bet someone would be willing to make sure you you have access at some other time. I look forward to seeing some new faces - and the old ones as well.

7 Likes

I love this post

2 Likes

Don’t let Cathy fool you. Her “skillset” includes glazing, painting, and about a zillion other things she never mentions, but just does. I couldn’t be happier that you were the winner of the iPad Pro in the raffle! I hear it might get delivered today!

7 Likes

Cathy,
You are the GOLD standard we all strive to be. Thank you for your example of excellence!!! :green_heart:

3 Likes

Cathy,
You have been a gem in all the great work you have done. Thank you can be said enough.

2 Likes