I'm a newly approved member, can I come to the weekly Blender meet up?

Hi there. I’m Randal. I’ve paid my dues, and my application is approved. I’ve signed up for the required items, and filled out the Waiver form. Orientation isn’t available until February 10th. Am I able to still come to Thursday night Blender meetup? That’s one thing I really want to get started on.

Thanks in advance for your replies and help!

1 Like

@deanday @bradcozine

1 Like

Yes!

···

Sent from Mail for Windows

Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2024 8:58 AM
To: deanday@forphotographers.com
Subject: [MakeICT] I’m a newly approved member, can I come to the weeklyBlender meet up?

|

gemma MakeICT Member
January 18

|

• | - |

@deanday @bradcozine

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

1 Like

Hey Randal! Welcome!

@deanday runs the Blender Meetups. After their scheduling, Dean joined the Board of Directors (Congrats Dean!), so some adjustments in scheduling may happen… but I’ll leave that to Dean to comment on.

HOWEVER, depending on your level of experience, there are a few of us that were about to embark on some parallel study of the famous Blender Donut Tutorial 4.0 Series by Blender Guru. It’s sort of a rite of passage in learning Blender… is that something you’d be interested in?

You’ll receive your key card at orientation once you’re shown the ins and outs of the makerspace, someone on @Membership will need to comment on what arrangements can be made in the meantime!

1 Like

I will be at MakeICT around 6:00 per schedule. I would like to see what you want as a take away from 3d design. The Board meeting starts at 7:00, so we should have some time.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply, Dean.

I’ll be there at 6:00 pm then. I’ll be in a short black coat and I’m fairly tall at 6’4". I’ll bring a couple of things to show you related to my (very limited) 3D printing thus far.

1 Like

I have no prior experience. I just bought an Ender 3 last year to print pieces for a project (I build working scale model roller coasters), but have yet to design anything, and I’m sure my friends are tired of doing it for me (LOL)!

I have signed up for the 3D printer class on the 4th of Feb.

The Blender doughnut though looks very interesting, and I am interested in learning all I can.

3 Likes