ICT Comicon

What is the plan for setup on Friday? When and where and whatnot?

1 Like

I believe @JBlackburn is the lead on this. I apologize if I am incorrect.

1 Like

Nope, I’m just a volunteer grunt. Rustin has been coordinating with comicon.

2 Likes

It’s next Friday I hope? Otherwise my planning is all screwed up.

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s next Saturday and Sunday, the 26th and 27th.

3 Likes

it’s the same day as makerfaire? that’s unfortunate!

3 Likes

and the air show at McConnell and Mulvane Old Settlers 150th

2 Likes

So Friday 8/25 for comic con usually consists of load in and make sure we have everything.

The following is pretty much a stream of thoughts if they’re any help.

They’re pretty chill, non rushed, and we usually can start packing in at noon. I think we have a spot on the main floor instead of the upstairs balcony.

I don’t recall if it was a end spot or grouped by the Great Plains Renaissance Booth… it would probably be easiest to take one of the castle walls instead of the whole thing…. There are also a couple pop-up displays that were donated that we could plaster in makeict stuff as well. I think they were felt lined (check with Steve Owens)

Biggest thing is making sure we have flyers to hand out for this event as well as maker faire.

Any demos we do have to be pretty quick and easy. The crowd tends to be mostly teenagers and small families. If we can theme the booth with cosplay focused projects, that tends to be an attention getter.

I should be free at some point this weekend if anyone wants to try and get stuff staged for both events.

4 Likes

So meet that Friday at noon at century II then?

1 Like

Let’s get together this weekend if you’re available. Is there a good time?

1 Like

We put an event on the calendar for 7pm Saturday if you’re free then, if not we can do something earlier

···

On Fri, Aug 18, 2023 at 6:32 PM Jeremy Blackburn via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| JBlackburn MakeICT Member
August 18 |

• | - |

Let’s get together this weekend if you’re available. Is there a good time?

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

1 Like

They’re in the lounge, in this large black case. Instructions included! Yeah, ask @SteveO if you have questions. He knows how they work.

2 Likes

I think we’re going to keep it somewhat basic at comic con this year.

So after the meeting:

1. we are planning on bringing out the ballista
  2. we’ll bring out the small castle walls to setup in a corner
  3. in the back, we’ll have the box of stuff on display on one of the tables
  4. The make-and-take project will be mini-figure scale thrones that kids (and Jeremy B.) can put together in a couple minutes.
  5. Our spot will be an end cap (I think) on the main floor

We will need people there for both days, especially since a few of us will be tied up Saturday with Maker fair and training. Right now, it sounds like Jeremy B. is good for both days, but I would like to have at least 3 people there both days so that people can take turns running the booth as well as exploring the comic con and meeting the guests (as well as passing out flyers to other new vendors, though I think we’ve canvased most of them in the past years, we might even recognize a few of our own members out there). LaDeana and myself should be able to help out Sunday as well as help pack out.

We will need help hauling in on Friday afternoon, and I think Rich (the event organizer) is also looking for additional volunteers if anyone else is looking for a way to get into the ICT Comic Con this year.

Who else would be able to help on Saturday and/or Sunday and possibly loading in Friday?

2 Likes

Sorry I missed the meeting Saturday, I had my own family emergency. I’ll be there Friday for setup and Saturday/Sunday as well

2 Likes

Wait, when is the meeting? I don’t see it on the calendar.

And when do you think the hauling in on Friday afternoon will start? I might be able to held with that part, as well as loadout Sunday. Maybe earlier in the day Sunday too if I can reschedule my class.

Saturday is Board University Boot Camp so I’ll be there most of the day.

2 Likes

The meeting was Saturday.

We’ll probably meetup and load up at the makerspace at Noon Friday. Though, we need to be careful because it’s suppose to hit 104 between 3pm and 6pm.

2 Likes

I may be running late but I’ll be downtown at 11. I’ll swing by the maker space if it’s near 12 and head down to Comic-Con if everyone is already gone.

2 Likes

I’m taking the day off tomorrow to help with loading up and hauling in.

I might be able come for a couple of hours on Saturday, but probably not, given that it would be after the bootcamp. I should be able to attend on Sunday, and am putting together my first cosplay ever for that.

2 Likes