ICT Comic Con (9/11-9/12) & Great Plains Renaissance Festival (9/25-9/26) Volunteer and Event Planning Thread

What happened to the picture garland? It would be nice to hang it in the hall for a bit.

1 Like

I think the garland is in the event stuff box next to the outreach closet.

Katie and Sarah did a really nice job on it!

I’m kinda wondering if it would be a good idea to line a couple edge of the renn fair tent with pictures like that.

We had about 24 people come out for Maker Monday (about 30% more people than showed up for the first Maker Monday I’m August). Only 2 in the first session said they were there from the Comic Con, but there were also a couple people there from the Mt. Vernon neighborhood association.

5 Likes

For those up for a tent raising party, the guy with the tent top and I will be up at MakeICT at 11 Sunday (9/19) to attempt to setup the tent if we have enough people.

If we have at least two more people willing to swing sledge hammers, that should be enough to get the tent up.

I don’t anticipate this taking more than 4hrs to setup, inspect/adjust, and tear down on Sunday.

2 Likes

Count me in

Cool,

I think I have everything else prepped short of cutting the walls to height and staining/sealing the poles, but I think we can hold off on staining/sealing the poles until after we setup the poles.

stthe

3 Likes

Tobias will be with me and is the same size as me now. I’m sure he can help too.

2 Likes

Thank for the help!

I think the tent will work for the Renaissance Fair… But the top definitely needs some TLC.

The plan this week is to crank out the vinyl walls and crank out stakes for the bottom of the walls.

For those interested in helping, Malissa will be working on the walls tomorrow. And I’ll probably be working on the stakes tomorrow evening as well.

4 Likes

That is awesome!

It looks way cleaner in the pictures. I’ll be at the space from 8:30-9 till 2:20

I should check my calendar before I speak. I have a meeting at 10. I’ll be in after.

We were able to power wash the interior of the tent to a fairly clean shade of white, but the exterior dirt seemed to be a bit too baked on for the power washer.

The top is air drying on the basketball court right now, but it sounds like it’s going to take some scrubbing with soapy water to clean up the exterior.

4 Likes

Try a Mr. Clean magic eraser mop. A lot of people use them to clean their rv awnings.

2 Likes

Having a Monday left my badge at home be there after 5.

…also works to take yellow paint off of a U-Haul - don’t ask me how I know this

2 Likes

Should I be taking caution when using that magic eraser on the blue part of the tent then?

Spot test on a small bit of the blue.

3 Likes

I was not able to find the magic eraser mop locally, so Dean Day and myself took some dawn dish soap and some libman scrub brushes to loosen what dirt we could.

There’s still a bit of tinge to the top, but I think it will work for the Renaissance Faire.

5 Likes

So much better!

@AnnaD @bradcozine @squarenuts @Ethan.Doak @SarahDenton @MAtherton
@deanday @jameslancaster

Are you guys still up for helping with the Renaissance Fair this weekend?

And would you all be up for meeting up after the classroom meeting tomorrow at 8pm to do some quick coordinating for the weekend?

2 Likes

…and if anyone is up for it, I could use some help powder coating the last of the tent stakes…

1 Like