I need help with a laser cutter project

I was authorized on the laser cutter last fall. My daughter had a project she wanted me to help with and when I excitedly announced I could now use the laser cutters, she told me she wasn’t even close to doing that project.

So, now I have a project for work to do and I have lost confidence that I know what I’m doing. I believe I have the design work done but would like someone to double check me. I also would like to have someone be present when I actually do the cutting. I have the directions written down but again, it has been awhile. :slight_smile:

If you would be willing to double check my work and help me in the fablab with the laser cutter, please contact me so we can set up a time to meet.

1 Like

I can help, but if you are willing to sign me in as a guest. I have misplaced my badge between fab lab and my home. I also need to laser etch two more mugs. My name and phone number are on top of the mugs next to Mario and soap.

• Domy
1 Like

There’s a class tonight at 7, I tell every student they can crash any future class for free. We might even have time to get your project started.

3 Likes

I thought about asking if I could crash it but then realized it was on a Monday. I work Monday nights.

1 Like

If you are still look for help, I am available this evening.
I am most familiar with cutting from cad files not so much engraving.

If you have a .DFX file you would like me to look over send me a text and I will send you my email address 3 1 6 * 9 9 o - 3 6 5 6

Also I live super close so we can set up another time when ever, if this evening dose not work out.

3 Likes

And if tonight doesn’t work, there should be some knowledgeable people around for the FabLab “workday” 6-8pm tomorrow.

3 Likes

Thanks, Russell. Someone has offered to help me on Sunday.

···

On Tue, Feb 20, 2024, 2:34 PM Russell Owens via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| Russ MakeICT Member
February 20 |

• | - |

If you are still look for help, I am available this evening.
I am most familiar with cutting from cad files not so much engraving.

If you have a .DFX file you would like me to look over send me a text and I will send you my email address 3 1 6 * 9 9 o - 3 6 5 6

Also I live super close so we can set up another time when ever, if this evening dose not work out.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

1 Like

I can’t make it on Sunday now, I have to work this weekend. I can help you out today (Fri) around 5 in the afternoon or later. Sorry for the inconvenience. A lot of things changed yesterday.

• Domy
1 Like

Hi, Domy.

I am unable to this evening. I have other plans already. Thanks anyway.

···

Mary Walker

With the advent of Twitter and Facebook, we have entered the Too-Much-Information Age. (Coffee News, Vol. 1, No. 40; October 15, 2012)

1 Like

Hi, Russ. The person that was going to help me Sunday is now unable to. I’m using LightBurn to design and it uses SVG files. If you are still willing to help, I am available Sunday (25th) afternoon or evening, Tuesday (27th) evening, Friday (1st) evening or anytime on Saturday (2nd). I have a class on Sunday the 3rd at 6 but could meet before that.

1 Like

I’ll be around Sunday afternoon and can help you with it. Just name a time.

2 Likes

That would be awesome! I can be there any time after 1.

1 Like

Hey, Russ. Gemma said she could help me. Thank you for offerring.

2 Likes

Let’s plan for 3pm.

3 Likes

That works for me! See you then.

1 Like