I have 2018 coins and get a 2019 coin

I’m slacking. We were numero UNO last year and this year we’re a month behind, I’m totally to blame. We have until December 30th and if 80 members submit we get the data for MakeICT back. I still have people’s coins. I’ll reach out to you in another direct post or e-mail if I have it. This year there’s more at stake.

The survey can be found here: Take The Survey takes 15 minutes.

The makerspace leader-board for the survey of makerspaces is up!

20% participation from a space + 3 leaders + 1 economies survey gets a custom report.

Also, there will be coins for the 2019 survey.

Leader Board

@David please include this in the newsletter

Done.

If anyone else is a little annoyed by Question 3 like I was, the numbers are zip codes. We’re “67214 MakeICT

1 Like

Eh… it was right above… they are probably just trying to verify it is correct.

Lets kill this thing! I think we can be number 1 again! I did my part… it took maybe two minutes… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think you’re talking about question 4. I was complaining about question 3, the one with the dropdown. It’s sorted by zip code rather than by name. The way they have it, you have to know that they are zip codes and you have to know the zip to your 'space.

1 Like

Done. I didn’t get a challenge coin from last year. Do you have those still @Malissa?

I do and I think I recall you being on the list

Survey done

The top space currently has 13, I’m sure we can do more than that by Friday

Finished this! If you haven’t done it then do! It’s not that bad!

1 Like

4 leaders and 24 members we’re in second place. One space has 1 more member than us.

Its interesting that they didn’t ask about taxidermy.

1 Like

I hate to be the one to ask this but… remind me again what’s in it for us?

we voted last year to not send people to nomcon for several reasons, we weren’t anti-nomcon but there were some “why are they going in this direction?” kinds of questions. we didn’t love their member program, etc.

if we want survey data why not collect our own demographics like we did in 2017?

facebook just showed me a targeted ad where I can get my birthday on a t-shirt (and it showed it already printed up!) so I’m more and more weary of who I give information to, I can’t be the only one.

NOM uses this data to help create policy to get funding for the maker movement. The Solar Prize is an example. They have received funding to create this survey and analyze the data . I know I can’t do this justice so I’m going to direct you to the website, Make the Data.
It human to listen to the most vocal voices in the room, I remember they had some concerns unfortunately not all those details were recorded in the minutes. We can’t be the end all be all for all things maybe we should focus on what we do best and solicit outside help for the things we can’t. Being a sounding board for all maker spaces is not something we’re good at.
We use their services such as Facebook groups that connect maker spaces and maker leadership. We got funding because they got dollars to help spaces that spread the word for the Solar Prize. Are we willing to reward our membership to fill out a survey or finding someone professional to properly analize the data for us?