Humbling trials today

I spent some time trying to clean, prep, and expose a few screens to attempt a 3-color print.

We had just enough emulsion to coat 3 screens, so I made sure to take my time and do everything right.

Despite this, my design didn’t want to play nice, and the emulsion started blowing out during my wash-out after being exposed. Super bummer. But I’ll keep trying!

We’ve got more emulsion on the way, but where can I get some right now? I’m eager to finish my art project before the end of the week?

Here’s what I’m TRYING to do…

3 Likes

I’m a screen printing noob, but it looks like Michael’s & Hobby Lobby both sell screen printing (photo?) emulsion.

https://www.michaels.com/speedball-screen-printing-photo-emulsion-26.4oz/D243817S.html

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Art-Supplies/Project-Supplies/Block-Printing/Speedball-Diazo-Photo-Emulsion-Kit/p/8202

Science, my lad, is made up of mistakes, but they are mistakes which it is useful to make, because they lead little by little to the truth.
— Jules Verne, 1826-1905, French writer

Mistakes are not only part of life, they are the maker movement. If the maker movement had but one resounding call it would be Ex Deliquo, Cognitio. Professionally I write that in my notebook and refer to it often. As a hobby I am SUPER afraid I’m going to mess up some project. And I get Hung up on ruining materials because I may make a mistake. I have a big block of ebony and a beautiful knife blank. Some brass sheet and a gorgeous dragon decorative pin. In a box.

So I bought a marking knife blank and some cheap ebony scales to allow myself to screw it up. I probably will.but that’s ok, because that’s how we get good at stuff.

My first high voltage project caught fire.
My first wallet looks like I hacked it with an axe.
Don’t get me started on the mistakes I’ve made in code. Making mistakes is great because it means your making progress.

And I know YOU know this… but out there somewhere is someone like me frozen on a project because they don’t want to ruin the materials. I say unto you… they are far worse off if you do nothing with them. Go make mistakes!

Ex Deliquo, Cognitio

1 Like

If you can wait till Monday I have some I can bring to the Area Leads Meeting.

1 Like

Plan vs result. Not bad.

4 Likes

Best one so far. Pretty happy with those colors.

4 Likes

looks good!!

I want to know who is reaching into the water…

1 Like

The person who threw the frisbee?

…or is it the person that took her clothes and pushed her in?

That’s the lady of the lake, bestowing her Excalibur-level disc to a worthy player.

5 Likes

Looks so magnificent!

Is it the Lady of Gypsum Creek returning a lost Disc Golf disc in Cessna Park?

EDIT: Annnnnnd, just saw your comment…

Nice I like it great work.