Howdy, I'm Jalissa!

Hello Makers! My name is Jalissa Peterson. I am super excited to have become a member of Makeict.

I was born and raised in Wichita KS. Graduated from Butler with an Associates degree in Software Development and then continued over to WSU and Graduated with a BS in Management Information Systems and Information Technology in 2018. Unfortunately, My GAD/ADHD/OCD wouldn’t allow me to join Corporate America to utilize my degrees. Lol. Fast forward to the pandemic. I decided to open an Etsy shop and have been crafting since then. I recently started laser cutting products with my glowforge. Although it does have a passthrough slot it is still limited and SLOWWWWW. INSERT MAKEICT. I’m looking forward to using the lasers available in the fablab. Here are a few of the items I have laser cut/engraved on my glowforge for my shop.

I also LOVE sublimation and making stuff for my family! Here’s a few of my sublimation items! I don’t sell these items and only made these for my nephews.

I’m done yapping. Looking forward to meeting some of you all.

18 Likes

:heart_eyes: Wow! Such amazing work! Welcome to the community. I look forward to meeting and making with you!

4 Likes

Your stuff is so cuuuuuute! :sparkles::black_heart:

2 Likes

Adorable stuff! Welcome!

1 Like

These are all really great. That silhouette head with the holes is already really cool but it would be neat if you found a way to add some LED lights. Lots of possibilities really as I think more about it.

2 Likes

Oh it’s an earring holder lol but yes the possibilities are endless

2 Likes

If you haven’t thought about it already and think it wouldn’t be too much extra work, you could cut the outline from a clear piece and stick an led on both ends hidden in the base. Then you’d have a fancy colored outline. Bonus points if you used a color changing LED. I don’t mean to draw attention away from your other pieces. This one just really stood out to me.

3 Likes

Welcome!

1 Like

Welcome!! Your work is A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!! :exploding_head:

1 Like