Hi, I'm Delaney. Do you build puppets?

I’m new here! And here’s the 411. I’m trying to break into the world of puppetry. I need a lot of know how. Like, way more than I realized jumping into this. If there’s someone who’s already knowledgeable on this please don’t hesitate to contact me. Someone had mentioned a name to me at one point, I feel like maybe it was a Rusty? If this person exists and builds puppets or props tell him/her to get a hold of me if they are willing to let me intensely hover over their shoulder. Any info is Good info! Thanks!

3 Likes

Hi Delaney, I’m including @rustin.atkeisson in this thread. He is the guy you are looking for. He builds animatronic dragons, among many other things.

If it’s sewn, I’ll take the challenge at least once.

Great!! I’ve got practically no knowledge in sewing so anything helps!

1 Like

I have classes or can offer tutoring

When are your classes?

I currently don’t have any scheduled.

hi there!

How in depth/crazy are you wanting to go with this puppet? Something remotely controlled or with control lines? Servos? motors? Springs and rubber bands? Puppetry is one of those things that gets my creative side going!

Feel free to check out my facebook page to see what kind of work I’ve done in the past and see if anything is along the lines of what you’re looking to build. I’m not the most experienced puppeteer in the world, but I can definitely help point you in the right direction.

I’m usually up at MakeICT on Mondays after 8pm, but if you would like to discuss this another time, feel free to drop me a line.

-Rusty

I’m working on a stop motion project when I have time. I’m hoping in the fall to get more into it. What is your plan with the puppets?

It’s something I’ve been wanting to break into for a long time now and I’m ready to finally start! Are you using clay for the stop motion?

I’m using a aluminum wire armature, then a rubber skin on the outside. I color the skin. All the puppets are different though. Some have feathers etc.

2 Likes