Hi, I'm Christian

My name’s Christian! I moved to Wichita about four months ago. Let me tell you about myself!

I have a degree in Aerospace Engineering and a minor in Mathematics that I got from Iowa State University in May 2020. Now I’m working at Spirit Aerosystems. Before that, I worked in the makerspace at the Science Center of Iowa for their summer camps. In college, I paid my bills being a part-time magician (a job I’m slowly getting back into now that COVID’s winding down). I like performing, Star Trek, How to Train your Dragon, The Twilight Zone, and anime. I also enjoy singing and playing guitar - my taste in music is all over the place, but I like folk music and ballads.

When it comes to making, I’ve put together props for my magic shows (secret ones that use secret electronics, but don’t tell anyone), kites, models, and radios.

I’m looking forward to making friends here! A few of the projects I’m thinking about doing at MakeICT are:

• A DDFTTW model car
  • A remote-controlled airplane or sailboat
  • An arcade machine to play NES/SNES games
  • A wooden pendulum clock
  • More kites!
5 Likes

Hi Christian :grin:

Hello Christian!

10 Likes

uh-oh

Welcome Christian!

Hey Christian, welcome! I’ve often considered holding sleight-of-hand and up-close magic classes at the makerspace, but I haven’t been active for decades. Something you might consider – just sayin’. It’s a good way to make a few extra dollars and to get to know a lot of our members.

2 Likes

There is a magic club that meets at MakeICT… temporarily on hiatus for the summer, but will resume regular meetings in August.

3 Likes

Welcome Christian. You have a name that is already famous at the makerspace LOL. A wind powered car sounds fun. You might want to talk with Rustin… he is currently making an electric car. My brother is big into remote controlled airplanes and boats (and cars and…). We do have a little creek that runs behind the maker space that might work for a model boat. Also there is a model boating group in town.

1 Like

Nice to meet you Christian!

Oh, great another one of those ungrounded engineers… Though, I’d advise you to be careful with the idea of a wind powered car, especially one like that which can go faster than the wind, you may end up speeding on highways. (Yeah, Iowa has wind, Kansas is windier, and slightly flatter.)

Also, because of magicians and flash paper we do have an addendum to the original “Make Safely” rule: “Do not be on fire”

You’ll fit in well here, Welcome. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Christian ! Can’t wait to meet you in person… I am a fellow Aerospace Engineer but I’m working in Textron Aviation Defense (Cessna Beechcraft) for about 3 months now… I am a huge nerd and addicted to Back to the Future and Ghostbusters and own a replica of both cars…

Welcome !!!

Raul

1 Like

Pretty awesome veritasium video betting $10k over the blackbird.

1 Like

Welcome, Christian. I’m not great at Thursdays either…so I’ve started making them Friday instead.

I’m definitely only planning on making a model car like, the size of a microwave!

Thanks everyone for your welcomes! I look forward to meeting you guys.

1 Like