Hi Everyone, I'm Drew

Hello everyone, my wife Mary and I will be moving to Wichita next week and I’m super excited to see there us such an active maker community! We’ve been in Denver since mid October 2020 and decided to make the move to Wichita to be closer to my wife’s family and for better career opportunities for her. I’m originally from the Tulsa area and we lived there for about 7 years prior to the Denver move. We were members of the makerspace there, but unfortunately it closed not long after we left.

My background is in aerospace, I’ve been a systems engineer and program manager for the last decade or so. In the maker arena my primary interest is replica film and television props, which spans about every method of making you can think of! I’ve got a lot of experience in 2D & 3D CAD, 3D printing, CNC router, silicone mold making and resin casting, laser cutting and engraving and general construction. I’ve been dabbling in investment casting, welding, CNC machining, fiberglass work, automotive painting and body work and I’m looking forward to getting better at those. Something that I’ve always wanted to try is ceramics, but haven’t done it since 8th grade art class.

Anyway, I can’t wait to meet all of you and check out the space!

5 Likes

We are excited to have you join us! This sounds like your gonna have a lot of fun here and bring some crazy new experience!

2 Likes

I second @james.a.seymour response. Welcome

1 Like

welcome to Wichita you guys

1 Like

Welcome, I look forward to meeting you!

2 Likes

Oooh…sounds like you do some fun things… welcome

2 Likes

Welcome!

1 Like