Hey, my name is Cory

They call me frequent-C. I’ve been lampworking for a living for the past 6 years, and have been told told to come here for a while by members of your awesome makers community!

I started my glass career in a tiny shed 6 years ago with soft glass sculpture work and eventually progressed to a larger shop not far from the old MakeICT building, collecting torches, glass and generally gaining knowledge on the medium. I moved to Denver almost 3 yrs ago to continue pursuing my dream and got to work with people who have been in the industry for many years and got to learn many things along the way. I have built (almost) every shop i have worked in, and had almost gotten to complete my dream shop in Denver but eventually had to fold due to contractor issues.
I have a background in welding (focusing oxy-acetylene) and metal work, 3d design for video games and production models, some programming, website design, and i just generally love my electronics.
I have also been remodeling houses for most of my life, and just got out of a lead installer position with Pella Windows and Doors (cant stay away from glass for long).

Im excited to be a part of your community and would like to offer my insights and ideas if/wherever needed!

8 Likes

Welcome, @frequent-C like your energy.

1 Like

Cool beans!

1 Like

Welcome Cory hope to get to meet you soon.

1 Like

Welcome to the group

2 Likes