Hey I'm Teran (they/him)

:mushroom::crossed_swords::deer::ringer_planet::bubble_tea::ice_skate::t_rex::rainbow_flag:
Hey all, I’m Teran, just completed membership last week. I’m into a variety of crafts and kinda bounce between them, so I sought out membership to motivate myself to create more.

I really enjoy ceramics, textiles, painting, and 3D printing. I’ve recently begun growing mushrooms for fun, and I’m planning on making a second attempt at brewing mead soon. I’m currently learning how fungus assists different plants with growing, with the ultimate goal of designing and planting a self sustaining food forest in the future. I am also working on a couple different full body costumes for various festivals and conventions.

If you see me around (my bag has a big button with my name and pronouns on it) please know that I am friendly, just anxious around new people. I’m hoping to make friends with similar interests like mushrooms, dragons, ice skating, space, hiking, stuff like that.

15 Likes

Hi Teran. Welcome to MakeICT. That’s cool you like to move around with your creative endeavors. Growing mushrooms would be a fun project. I’ve thought about giving it a try but I’ve never gone so far as to buying an initial kit to do it. And the food forest seems to have gained lots of popularity in the last ten or twenty years, although I think it’s been around forever. The closest I’ve been to using fungus is that I brew my own kombucha. It’s easy and a fun way to enjoy a product of your own brewing in as little as a week or two. Anyway, have fun and enjoy the space.

2 Likes

Hi Teran,
Welcome to the space! It sounds like you do an awesome variety of projects. I am sure you will find some other people here to make with. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve been wanting to grow mushroom leather but I need good size space, 6 weeks, and steady temperature. Hopefully I’ve intrigued you enough to think about growing mushrooms for leather as well. Look forward to seeing your textile projects.

3 Likes

Welcome, I am Tarka (she/they) I also enjoy drsgons and ice skating. I have been interested in growing mushrooms; my time constraits limit what I can do currently, full time job and too many hobbies will do that to a person.

4 Likes

These are all awesome things!

2 Likes

Hi Teran!
I’m Saga (she/hers). I’m looking forward to meeting you and learning about your creative endeavors. :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Welcome to the space! Im an amateur brewer myself but i have made mead a few times successfully. And beer and wine. Let me know if there is any questions ill try to answer !