Hey, I'm Shaun

Hello Makers,
I’m Shaun, I’m into blacksmithing, carpentry, and just about anything where I can make something. I live across the street from the new space, so I expect I will be spending a lot of time there in the future.

9 Likes

Party at Shaun’s house

Just kidding… welcome aboard!

3 Likes

Party…? Or parking?

2 Likes

Welcome Shaun! Living that close would be so handy I cant even imagine! Lucky!

3 Likes

Welcome!

1 Like

Welcome Shawn look forward to seeing you at the space

Welcome, Shaun. Have you made stuff for sale with your blacksmithing skills?

2 Likes

I wouldn’t presume that any of my work is worthy of being sold. Up to this point, I haven’t even got my own home forge. I just venture out to Cowtown or to a friend’s farm and use theirs.

It is my goal though to make bigger and bigger pieces once I refine my skills on the small detail work. I have some pieces laying around the house that I’ve worked on over the years, but mostly I just grab scrap and work on whatever suits my fancy from a technical standpoint

2 Likes

That said, I would love the opportunity to practice my tool making, and if the space can use what I build I’m more than happy to donate it

2 Likes

I could sure use a solid steel Gaffi stick…

Lol metalworking has been on my todo list for awhile. That’s a fun room to hang out in.

Going to fight the empire? I know a guy that has one… he has some facial scarring from the sarlacc though.

Sounds like a fun thing to try and make though, doubt it’s at my skill level though

Welcome Shaun to our maker community

1 Like

Welcome!

Welcome! :slight_smile:

Welcome, Shaun. I am the lead of the ceramics studio and the Treasurer of the Blacksmith Association in Haysville. As so was the Blacksmith at Cowtown a few years back. Would love to see some of the things you have done.

@ScottS I didn’t know you were involved in haysville. Did you see the guy that was on forged in fire a couple years ago? They filmed it right there at the blacksmith building.

1 Like

I have never seen an episode of FinF. But Yes, I know Lee, I see him every week down at the Haysville Shop.

I don’t have many pictures of my work. I really only take pictures when it’s something I’m proud of. I did dig through the old computer and found some pictures of my first time working the forge at cowtown. I also found a picture of the first thing I ever made. Picture credit to Jay Stockhaus who was out there doing a shoot for something.

3 Likes

Wow Shaun! Your wife is awesome! :wink:

Yeah she really is. Don’t tell her I said that though