Hello! I'm Kai!

Hi everybody! I just became a member last week and I’m so excited to start making! A bit about me: I’m a lover of sunsets, boba tea, and gothic decor. I play a lot of animal crossing, binge a lot of New Girl and Wednesday, and eat a lot of dino nuggets. I work as an exhibit and facilities technician at Exploration Place, so I get to do some really neat builds and repairs every day. At my core, though, I am an artist. I paint, sew, dabble in interior design, and have a knack for making something out of nothing, which comes in handy for cosplay. I’m hoping to dig into ceramics, metal fab, and maybe print, as well as level up my carpentry skills. I’m also excited to meet more artists and makers to learn from and share with. Can’t wait to meet you all!

Also shout out to Jay @J3553.T who is my father and the reason I found Make ICT <3

18 Likes

Awesome! Welcome to the makerspace!

3 Likes

Welcome, and hope to see you around the space making stuff!
BTW, ceramics night is tomorrow at 6 if you are not yet aquainted with the ceramics studio.

4 Likes

Look forward to meeting you! It sounds like we have a lot of the same interests! Welcome

3 Likes

Welcome Kai, I like Goth stuff too!!

3 Likes

I just realized my other post was after midnight so “tomorrow” is today.
To clarify: ceramics night is tonight (Tuesday)at 6:00pm

3 Likes

We need a makeict goth club now i think :black_heart:

6 Likes

I’m a proud maker-dad! :smiling_face_with_tear:

6 Likes

Hello Kai

2 Likes

Hey Kai,
Thanks for popping into ceramics last night
It was nice to meet you!!!

2 Likes

Welcome friend!

2 Likes

There will be a Poison Garden in the Garden this year, we should get a Goth group to help think of ways to decorate it!

5 Likes

Welcome to the space!

1 Like

A tombstone warning sign would be pretty cool

5 Likes

Need datura seeds?

1 Like

At the moment, I have some and a couple other offers. However my seed starting success for these varieties and unknown and there are so many types might still want some. The garden could potentially have a fundraiser with seedlings

3 Likes

I have found someone who sells bleeding heart roots with several good reviews. I will try to get one on pre-order and start it in the seed area when it comes in!

4 Likes

I think I can get my hands on some Moon Flower pods, not the vining ones but the ones with the huge white flowers.

2 Likes