Hello I'm Brandon

My name is Brandon and I just like to make stuff. I’d like to figure out a way to do it for a living and I’m hoping to network and learn from others.

Some things I currently dabble with are 3D modeling, woodworking and programming. I move around a lot from hobby to hobby so a place like this is pretty great for somebody like me. I’m sure I’ll slowly work my way around every workshop available.

Currently I’m more focused on my woodworking and looking to start making some money but I still have a lot to learn. I’m hoping to help out whenever I can and also learn from anybody willing to teach me something new. Here is a shelf I made. I tried to share some more but it only let me upload one image. Here is a imgur link with more projects if you’re interested. https://imgur.com/a/tINddhJ

13 Likes

Oh, wow! That looks great! Welcome to the community!

1 Like

Very cool. I think when you are new, it limits your account… but as you post more, you get more accesses.

2 Likes

Thank you both! Sorry I was too tired to reply last night.

Hi Brandon.
Nice shelf! It looks quite heavy. Obviously, purple heart and walnut, but is the lighter wood maple? Hard to tell from the photo. Also, is that veneers or solid wood? just wondering.

1 Like

Thanks! Fortunately for my back and my wallet, these are veneered pieces. I actually wish I would have used maple instead but the lighter pieces are either cedar or redwood. I think it’s cedar though. And the pieces on the sides are zebrawood. The underlying construction is just some extra 1/2" plywood and 2x4 studs I had in my shop.

3 Likes