Heidelberg Progress

We spent some time working to remove all of the garbage (paper scraps, mixed with oil, mashed into a huge pulp by the previous owners of the press) from the Heidelberg after Maker Monday this evening. We’ve pulled tons (okay, a big box full) of it out, but only got about halfway through it by 10 or 10:30 pm. I’ll post in the Letterpress category when we get together to get back at it…it could be as soon as Wednesday, but we’ll see. In the meantime, a thousand thanks to Glenn and Dean for all the hard work:

7 Likes

If I have a dye, can I press coins on this machine?

Sorry, just paper on the press.

1 Like

Can I have some of those what looks like paper circles for my art? Did you already discard them?

Take as many as you like. We have the dies, so we can make more anytime. There’s a big box of them next to the press, but be aware that they all have oil soaked into them. I can try to grab you a bunch out of the top of the press that are pretty much dry, too.

1 Like

what kind of tonnage are you needing?

I’ll be at MakeICT this afternoon with Glenn, working on the press some more. I plan to be there from 1:30 to sometime late afternoon or early evening.

1 Like

Those were very oily! I did get some out of the top and if you can save some more that would be great.

1 Like

Once we have the press up and running, we can make you as many thousand clean ones as you like.

1 Like

As long as the paper is random and pretty I will not mind

1 Like