Heat Press - 1st time

Anyone have any advice on the heat press for screen printed clothing? I have about 20 shirts I’m working on and its been halted because I just do not know how to use a heat press and I’m afraid of messing any of the shirts up. I do not have any to spare and my mental health is kinda crap today, sorry to be a bother but I don’t have room for error because I have an event coming up, and its too many for me to sit there with an iron doing it by hand. Can anyone who has been doing garments help me, please, so I don’t eff up my stock this soon before my event? Muchos gracias. I’m gonna be there for 5th Monday and a little before redoing some screens.

4 Likes

If they are screen printed you can put them in the dryer for 30 minutes at the hottest temperature the fabric can take to set the ink. @Mlujan I think is who told me that.

2 Likes

Is it one shirt at a time or is there a limit to how many you put in or anything? I’m trying to go for efficiency without having anything stick together and I’m a complete newb at this step in particular D:

3 Likes

I’ve never done multiple. I’ve only had 1, I would think 5-7 would be fine. Are they sticky when you touch them where the screen ink is? If not you should be fine. The less ink on the shirts the more you can do together. More ink less. Without seeing it I’m just giving my best guesses.

2 Likes

They are a bit sticky when I touched them yesterday evening(I printed them Saturday afternoon) so I left them to continue drying for today, but I’m not sure how dry they will be today. I also wasn’t sure if the heat press gives grace for stickiness (not wetness) of the ink, but I am fully unaware of its benefits and limitations :confused:

2 Likes

There’s an instruction guide next to the Heat press that should give you some guidance. 60 seconds at 320 degrees is perfect for cotton / poly shirts with our water-based inks.

3 Likes

Thank you, I didn’t know if ours had any temperaments I needed to know about or not so I didn’t wanna risk it!

2 Likes