Ham Radio (Technician Class License) Course

A reminder that we will be holding a Technician Class License course May 8.9.11 & 13, with testing for any FCC Amateur License the afternoon of the 13th. Look in the MakeICT calendar for the first day of the class to find the sign-up.

The class is $15 for members, and if you have a non-member friend to bring along or refer to the program it’s $20 for non-members.

You’ll need to get the textbook on Amazon (it’s $19.95).

If you want more information, drop an e-mail to: learnhamICT@gmail.com

4 Likes

The cutoff for registration in the Technician Class License course is tomorrow, May 3. (This is because you won’t get the textbook in time if you don’t order it by tomorrow.).

2 Likes

Will you be offering another in future maybe fall or winter? I want to but i cant make it to all the classes

1 Like

If there’s demand for it, I’ll be happy to offer it again. If you know of others who are interested but can’t make it this time, organize them into a group. I’d like to see at least 5 people sign up.

Rany

2 Likes

Will there be a class for the general license?

···

On Tue, May 2, 2023, 6:50 PM Randy Reynard via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| W0RDR
May 2 |

• | - |

If there’s demand for it, I’ll be happy to offer it again. If you know of others who are interested but can’t make it this time, organize them into a group. I’d like to see at least 5 people sign up.

Rany

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

1 Like

If there is sufficient interest, I’d be happy to teach a General Class course. Again, like the Tech, I’d like to have at least 5 people. The General course is about 16 hours vs. 12 for the Tech. So 4 evenings plus a Saturday morning.

Randy

2 Likes
···

On Tue, May 2, 2023, 7:03 PM Randy Reynard via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| W0RDR
May 3 |

• | - |

If there is sufficient interest, I’d be happy to teach a General Class course. Again, like the Tech, I’d like to have at least 5 people. The General course is about 16 hours vs. 12 for the Tech. So 4 evenings plus a Saturday morning.

Randy

In Reply To

| james.a.seymour Director of Pansophy and ERP Area Lead
May 2 |

• | - |

Will there be a class for the general license? ··· (click to show quoted text, requires login)

FB_IMG_1683072577832.jpg

5 Likes

Tomorrow morning at 8AM we will start the last session of this first MakeICT/WARC Tech class.

I am very happy with the enthusiasm and interest of the students, it has been a great class, very good people and a true pleasure to teach.

I look forward to getting another Tech class on the schedule for fall and perhaps a “General” class as a follow up to those who took “Tech” and want to move on up.

Thanks to MakeICT for providing the location and resources which helped make this a successful and rewarding effort.

Randy

3 Likes

I know I already have the general license book (from stu of course) on the way

···

On Fri, May 12, 2023, 11:27 Randy Reynard via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| W0RDR
May 12 |

• | - |

Tomorrow morning at 8AM we will start the last session of this first MakeICT/WARC Tech class.

I am very happy with the enthusiasm and interest of the students, it has been a great class, very good people and a true pleasure to teach.

I look forward to getting another Tech class on the schedule for fall and perhaps a “General” class as a follow up to those who took “Tech” and want to move on up.

Thanks to MakeICT for providing the location and resources which helped make this a successful and rewarding effort.

Randy

1 Like

Drum up 5 more people and let’s get it on the schedule…

2 Likes

Well, you got me motivated. I’ve acquired the course materials and have started reviewing them. Teaching “General” is going to make my brain work harder… But it’ll be FUN!

73 de W0RDR

3 Likes