HAM radio activity

My buddy and I see the HAM intro slots in May, but wondered if there’s any other meetups or anything that would be worth checking out.

He’s got his technician license, and is looking to build one himself, perhaps with some guidance or brain-picking from someone more seasoned.

Thanks for any feedback

3 Likes

@W0RDR and @JosephPajor would know.

3 Likes

What you are seeing is a 4-session course to get the Technician license. We’d love to have you attend.

While we won’t be building any stations or anything during the course, we will discuss different options and radios and cover a lot of the information necessary to put together a good station (safely).

In addition, Joe and I (among others) are working toward having a station in the Electronics / Rapid Prototype Lab and we’ll be looking for people to participate in that moving forward.

Let me know if you want more information.

Randy

4 Likes

I would love any and all new info. I’ll try to attend for the license but also any general meetups or anything I think is what Ryan is looking for moreso already being certified

1 Like

If you check the calendar listing for the first day of the class (May 8), there’s a registration link. The course costs MakeICT members $15, and the book you’ll need is $19.95 on Amazon. The testing on the last day of the class (Saturday) is free. There is an FCC License Fee of $35 - paid to the FCC after you pass the test…

We look forward to seeing you. We’ll have more info on ongoing Ham activities in the near future - probably by the time the class starts. Chat it up among friends, the more the merrier (up to 30 students).

73 (that’s how Hams say “best wishes”)

Randy

5 Likes